I spent a lovely afternoon with my eldest daughter decorating a fairy. It was an MDF cut out, which we painted with acrylic paints in pretty pastel colours. Then over the top we glued loads of gorgeous buttons, beads and sparkly bits. It turned out really well. It is now proudly displayed in her bedroom window. We also made some delicious scones and experimented with gluten free versions for a coeliac relative.
On the art school front, this week I made robots with the little ones. They particularly enjoyed the threading of chunky beads onto pipe cleaners and printing black and red onto tin foil. The adult painting class explored an abstract art theme with gauche paint.
On a personal note, I've learnt how to make fun gifs to help with promotional material. Rather amusing!
My daughter had a mould and paint fairy kit for her birthday. I'm a bit sceptical about kits like this normally but she was on and on at me to make it, so we did today. I had forgotten how much fun using plaster can be, We created the fairies using the moulds, an hour later, we were painting them and adding generous dollops of glitter! It was fantastic fun, now I'm thinking how I can use plaster in my other work.